SP1000G Series Logic Analyzer and pattern generator18, 36 and 54 channels 1 GSPS logic analyzer, protocol decoder and pattern generator
SP1000G series logic analyzers and arbitrary pattern generators offer in depth analysis of logic signals and protocols with 1GSPS (1ns) timing resolution. External reference clocking (IN and OUT), trigger input and output as well as adjustable threshold and output voltage level make SP1000G series a uniquely powerful laboratory equipment.
SP1000G is available in 3 versions, offering 18 Channels, 36 channels or 54 channels. SP1000G series is designed from the ground up to allow channels to be individually configured as input, push-pull outputs or open drain output.
SP1000G series overview
SP1000G Series of logic analyzers is composed of several devices: SP1018G, SP1036G and SP1054G. They offer 18, 36 or 54 channels. All SP1000G series logic analyzer devices provide equivalent features (like Sampling rate, trigger capabilites and pattern generation).
SP1000G Family specifications
- 1 GSPS capture rate (adjustable down to 4 MSPS).
- Maximum sample rate avaialble when using all channels (no compromise between sampling rate and number of channels).
- Schmitt trigger input stages with adjustable thresholds (each group of 9 channels can have a different input threshold).
- Embedded buffer memory (4Gb, 8Gb or 12Gb depending on model).
- USB3 super-speed interface.
- Samples compression (only events consume memory and USB bandwidth).
- Various trigger options (Edge, pulse width, pattern, protocol).
- Complex trigger pattern combining up to 18 channles of the same group (e.g. Ports A & B, or ports B & C).
- Two independent trigger engines that can be combined to create cascaded trigger sequences.
- 250 MSPS pattern generator rate (maximum output frequency is 125MHz).
- 1 continuous clock output per group of 9 channels.
- 1 External sampling clock input (state mode) per group of 9 channels, up to 250MHz.
- Over-voltage protection on all inputs and outputs.
- Precise trigger-In and trigger-Out signals on SMA ports.
- 10MHz Reference clock-in and clock-out on SMA ports.
- State of the art active probe sets offer precise timing measurement with minimal capacitive loading.
- Adjustable thresholds (1mV resolution) for each active probe set (1 different threshold for each 9 channels group).
- SP1000G series logic analyzers compress and stream captured signals via USB 3 to a Windows, Linux or MacOS machine. USB bandwidth can be variable from a system to another, and is practically limited to a few hundreds megabytes per second. That’s why SP1000G logic analyzers have up to 12Gb or embedded DDR-3 memory that buffers captured samples, overcoming USB limitations.
Powerful trigger options
- Edge trigger
- Logic change on one or various channels
- Trigger on a sequence of timed logic signals
- Trigger on a protocol word or event (like serial word or I2C address acknowledge)
- External trigger input
- Trigger output
- Dual stage trigger (Ex: Edge trigger, then, Trigger on I2C address).
SP1000G series logic analyzers and pattern generators are perfectly adapted for demanding applications, where it is required to capture logic signals with the maximum time resolution of 1ns on all channels. As a matter of fact, SP1000G series allow the usage of the maximum number of available channels without any reduction in sampling frequency (for example, SP1018 can capture signals on all 18 channels with 1ns resolution). Typical applications are:
- Automated or manual Semiconductor testing
- Electronic circuits testing and validation
- Embedded systems debugging
- Scientific Research
- Serial protocols analysis, like I2C, SPI, UART or 1-Wire (non exhaustive list)
- ADC diagnostic
- Capture very long sequences of logic signals in a “live stream” fashion
- Automate the testing of logic circuits.
- Software lets you view decoded signals in many different levels of abstractions (Packets or detailed bits and bytes)
- Display decoded signals as a waveform for easier analysis (e.g. plot accelerometer data as a curve)
- Target very specific event thanks to a versatile multi-stage trigger system
- Device performance do not depend on USB connection bandwidth (Thanks to embedded memory)
- Software running on Windows, macOS and Linux.
- Software is free, intuitive and very easy to use.
- Synchronize captured samples with other lab instruments via Trigger IN and OUT ports.
Let’s discuss your specific application
Every application is different, and SP1000G series was designed to be versatile and adapt to a wide range of test and measurement tasks. Thanks to the open-source scripting capability, many features can be developed to further enhance the SP1000G device. We highly encourage you to drop us a line and give us a call to discuss your specific application and help you take the best decision possible regarding SP1000G. Often, we can develop a small “sample” script to help you get started, and maybe even provide more features than what you needed in the first place.
Contact us to discuss your use case Book a one-to-one online meeting
Download latest product datasheet: Datasheet